Do you need a credit card, but your credit score is low? You might think that it’s impossible to get approved for a credit card with no deposit, but there are cards out there for people with bad credit.
These cards typically have lower limits than traditional cards, but they’re still helpful options for building or rebuilding your credit history.
After all, the best way to start building good financial habits is by using plastic( Credit card) responsibly.
In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the best credit cards for those who have been rejected by other lenders/Credit Card institutions and how these guaranteed approval cards could help improve credit history.
There are two ways guaranteed approval credit cards with $1000 limits can be availed either as secured credit cards, which require a refundable deposit to secure the card or as an unsecured credit card. The secured credit card charges interest at high rates and can impose stringent repayment conditions.
- Best guaranteed approval secured credit card
- The First Progress Platinum Elite Mastercard Secured Credit Card
- Capital One Secured Mastercard
- Discover it Secured
- Citi Secured Mastercard
- BankAmericard Secured Credit Card
- Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card
- Destiny Mastercard
- Reflex Mastercard Credit Card
- Aeromexico Secured Credit Card
- Harley Davidson Secured Credit Card
- First National Bank of Omaha Secured Visa Card
- OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card
- Green Dot Primor Visa Gold Secured Credit Card
- First PREMIER Bank Mastercard Credit Card
- Indigo Platinum Mastercard
- Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card
- Oakstone Platinum Secured Mastercard
- First PREMIER Bank Credit Card
- Unsecured Credit Cards
Best guaranteed approval secured credit card
Even if you have a low credit score, guaranteed approval can make it easier to obtain a secured credit card with a $1,000+ limit.
It’s important to understand that your initial deposit establishes your security credit line for these cards. Your security credit line is the maximum amount of money you can owe on a given account before the issuer asks you to provide additional collateral.
This is in contrast to an unsecured credit card, where there isn’t a set limit beyond which you could owe.
With most secured credit cards, you’ll need at least a $200 deposit, but some issuers don’t require this minimum and instead allow customers to add on.
Here are the list of Best Secured Credit Card for bad Credit or No Credit History.
1. The First Progress Platinum Elite Mastercard Secured Credit Card
The First Progress Platinum Elite Mastercard Secured Credit Card is guaranteed approved credit card and can help you rebuild or establish your credit history.
This card does require a security deposit of least $200 to $2000 .The First Progress Platinum Elite Mastercard Secured Credit Card has an initial $29 annual fee, and the APR is variable to 23.99%.
- No credit inquiry required!
- No credit history or minimum credit score required for approval.
- Monthly reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus to establish credit history.
- Secured Credit Line up to $2,000.
- You a need a qualifying bank account for Credit Card approval.
- Residents of Arkansas, Iowa, New York or Wisconsin are not eligible for this credit card.
2. Capital One Secured Mastercard.
The Capital One Secured Mastercard is a credit card with an annual fee of $0. This credit card have a unique security system that protects your account from unauthorized purchases.
The Capital One® Secured Mastercard also enables customers to lower their interest rates based on good financial behavior. And if you’re looking for a card with no annual fee, there are options available for you as well!
With these benefits and more, it doesn’t matter what type of customer you are – this secured credit card has something for everyone.
- Refundable security deposit of $49 to $200.
- No Annual Fees.
- No Foreign Transaction fees.
- Report to three major credit bureaus.
- No rewards program.
- very High APR.
- Automatic Credit Line Reviews
3. Discover it Secured
Discover it Secured is a credit card that offers you the chance to rebuild your credit. It has an annual fee of $0, and if you are approved for this card, you will be qualified for one of Discover’s unsecured cards once your account has been opened for 8 months.
If you have been disqualified for the unsecured card after 8 months, there is no fee involved in keeping the secured card open. The minimum-security deposit required to open an account is $200 with a maximum limit of $2,500.
- There are No annual fee.
- Payment is Reports to the three major credit bureaus.
- Qualify with limited/bad credit.
- 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants on up to $1,000.
- 1% Rewards on all other purchases.
- 10.99% intro APR on Balance Transfers for 6 months.
- No Foreign transaction Fees.
4. Citi Secured Mastercard
Citi Secured Mastercard is a credit card for people with bad or no credit. If you are worried about your current financial situation, getting this card will help build your credit history and eventually lead to a higher limit.
It’s also great if you need a safer way of carrying cash on the go! The Citi Secured Mastercard is convenient, easy to use, and can help get you back on track financially.
- No Annual fees.
- Variable APR of 22.49%
- You need to deposit at least $200 as a credit line.
- Your Limit may vary between $200 – $2,500.
- High cash advance fee
- Cannot have filed for bankruptcy within the past 2 years.
- High Foreign transaction fee.
5. BankAmericard Secured Credit Card
With the help of BankAmericard Secured Credit Card, you can build credit history while enjoying all of the benefits of having a secured card.
With this card, you will access your account 24/7 through online banking and receive alerts about your spending. You also have the option to select between two different types of cards: one with an annual fee or one without an annual fee.
Your Credit card account will be reviewed periodically, you’ll be able to upgrade from a secured card to an unsecured card! This is how it’s done!
- Regular APR of 22.99% Variable.
- There are No Annual Fees.
- Minimum Deposit to Activate the Credit Card are $300.
- Automatics Upgrade from Secured to unsecured credit card.
- This card does not offer a rewards program.
READ MORE: Best Credit Card for cashback
6. Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card
Wells Fargo offers a secured credit card for consumers looking to rebuild their credit or establish it.
The Wells Fargo Secured Credit Card is designed to help you build your credit while offering the convenience of purchasing power.
Unlike other cards, this one requires an initial refundable deposit that can be as low as $500 but could be up to $25,000 depending on your financial history and ability to pay back any charges made against your account.
Suppose you manage the account responsibly, then after 8-24 months of responsible use. In that case, the security deposit will become available again so you can continue using it without the risk of losing access to funds in case something goes wrong with a purchase transaction.
- 1.5% cash back on qualifying purchases.
- $500 to $25,000 credit line (Against Security deposit)
- Zero Liability protection
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- Businesses with little to no business credit history
- Spending reports available online
You can build credit history easily with Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card.
7. Destiny Mastercard
In a world where credit cards are all the rage, there is always room for improvement. With the Destiny Mastercard , you can earn rewards and benefits that will make your life easier. This card has a lot to offer!
This credit card comes with $59-$99 annual fee and a 24.90% APR. including Mastercard benefits. Here is the quick-facts about Destiny Mastercard.
- $0 Fraud Liability for unauthorized use .
- You can pick the credit card design that you may like.
- No security deposit required
- Nationwide acceptance
- If may pre-qualify without impacting your credit score.
- Reported to the all three major credit bureaus.
- Mastercard identity theft protection.
8. Reflex Mastercard Credit Card
The Reflex Mastercard Credit Card is a great option for someone that wants to earn rewards while paying off their balance. The card offers 1% cashback on all purchases and can be used anywhere.
This means you get rewarded no matter where you shop! There are also other options, such as adding family or friends onto your account to use it too, which would allow them to start building credit history early on in life.
For anyone looking for a new credit card this year, the Reflex Mastercard Credit Card should be considered because of its ease of use and variety of benefits.
- Annual fees of Between $75 and $99.
- Maintenance fee of $0, in the first year, thereafter, $0-$120 annually, billed at up to $10 per month.
- You can apply this credit card even you have FICO scores of 629 or below.
- 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars each as Foreign transaction fee.
- Your credit limit of may be up-to $1,000.
9. Aeromexico Secured Credit Card
Aeromexico’s secured credit card is a great option for those who want to build their credit history but don’t have the best credit.
It offers an unsecured line of credit up to $10,000 and has no annual fee for first year. This card also carries some other features such as You can earn one mile per dollar spent on purchases made with your Aeromexico Secured Credit Card.
you can transfer miles from your Aeromexico account into rewards points that may be used towards award travel, and you get free airport lounge access at select airports throughout Mexico and Latin America.
If you’re looking for a way to improve your financial situation, the Aeromexico Secured Credit Card might be worth considering!
- Variable APR of 22.29%
- Sign-Up Bonus of 3,500 miles
- $99 companion certificate when you renew the card annually
- Discounts on in-flight purchases
- Zero $ Annual fees of first year, then $25.
10. Harley- Davidson Secured Credit Card
If you are looking for a secured credit card might want to consider the Harley-Davidson Secured Credit Card.
This is because this card offers great benefits, such as an introductory APR of 22.99%, which can help you build up your credit score and get back on track with your finances.
In addition to 22.99% APR, there’s 2% annual fee or foreign transaction fees . It also has flexible payment options that offer convenient repayment plans, like automatic monthly payments or biweekly installments at $25 per installment.
On the tip of that, it comes with Visa Signature perks!
- $0 Annual Fees
- Regular APR of 22.99%
- Your credit card will be upgraded to unsecured credit card after 12 months.
- Initial credit will be $300 to $500 ( With Credit Match)
- There are no penalty APR
- Rewards rate of 1 point per dollar on every purchase
- In addition to this, you have Chance to win a motorcycle with every purchase.
11.First National Bank of Omaha Secured Visa Card
First National Bank of Omaha offers a secured credit card, which can help people establish or re-establish their credit.
- There are No Annual fees
- Your initial Credit limit will be between $300 and $5,000( Credit match)
- Qualify for a credit limit increase without an additional deposit in as little as 7 months when you use your card and make regular, on-time bill payments.
- Your deposit may be returned after 11 months of use.
- Variable APR of 20.24%
- Zero Liability against unauthorized purchases.
12. OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card
If you’re looking for the best credit card to rebuild your credit, look no further than OpenSky Secured Visa Credit Card. This is a great secured credit card option that people use to build their credit back up after bankruptcy or foreclosure.
It’s also perfect if you have bad or fair credit and are trying to improve it so you can qualify for unsecured cards in the future. The annual fee is under $35, which is very low compared to other secured cards on the market today.
There are also 3% foreign transaction fees, So this credit card may not be fit for you if you frequently travel outside the U.S. The interest rate is lower than average at 17.39% that is below what most unsecured cards charge – usually over 20%.
- No Credit Check to apply this credit card.
- The refundable deposit start from as low as $200.
- OpneSky repot payment to all 3 major credit bureaus.
- There are Facebook Community for customers.
- No rewards program.
- There are no option to upgrade your account to an unsecured credit card.
- Your Credit Limit vary from $200 minimum, $3,000 maximum.
13. Green Dot Primor Visa Gold Secured Credit Card
The Green Dot Primor Visa Gold Secured Credit Card is a card that offers an affordable rate of interest. It also has no annual fee and can help build credit without any extra burden. This credit do monthly reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus.
The cardholders must provide a $200 security deposit which will be refunded after 12 months of on-time payments.
The Green Dot Primor Visa Gold Secured Credit Card is perfect for those trying to rebuild their credit or need a secured credit card at an affordable rate.
- Your Credit Limit may vary from $500 minimum, $3,000 maximum.
- Super Low Fixed 9.99% interest rate on purchases (APR).
- There are No minimum credit score requirements.
- Fast, easy application process.
14. First PREMIER Bank Mastercard Credit Card
Having a credit card is an important part of establishing and building your credit history. With this in mind, the First PREMIER Bank Mastercard Credit Card has been created to help you manage your finances more effectively, as well as provide you with some benefits along the way.
There are no annual fees or monthly maintenance fees that come with owning the card either definitely something worth considering if you’re looking for a new credit option.
Additionally, they offer special financing options on purchases made through their store, which can be very helpful when money is tight – particularly around holiday time.
- Your Initial credit limits range from $300 to $700.
- You credit limit increases after 13 months.
- Very high APR of 36%.
- High Annual Fees.
15. Indigo Platinum Mastercard
The Indigo Platinum Mastercard is an awesome credit card that can help you to improve your credit score. It has a $0 to $99 annual fee.
This credit card do not offers any cashback/rewards rate on your purchases. The Annual Fees/Charges of this credit card upper hand against benefits of this credit card. Below are the key-highlight of this card.
- Payment is reported to the all three credit bureaus.
- No security deposit required
- Easy Pre-Qualification, Your credit score will not be impact.
- A $0 annual fee option exists if you qualify.
- 1% foreign transaction fee is lower than other cards in this category.
- Very Low $300 credit limit.
- No low intro APR
- No rewards
16. Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card
It’s tough to pay off your credit card debt. It can be even more difficult if you don’t have a secured credit card and need one to build up your credit rating.
The Assent Platinum 0% Intro Rate Mastercard Secured Credit Card is the perfect solution for those looking for a way to get back on their feet financially without worrying about paying high-interest rates or fees.
This secured card will help you rebuild your credit score so that when it comes time for you to apply for an unsecured, low-interest rate credit card, you’ll have the best chance of getting approved!
- 12.99% variable APR based on the Prime Rate
- There $49 charges as Annual Fee.
- 0% Intro APR for 6 months from account opening date.
- No Credit Check required.
- Monthly Reporting to all 3 Major Credit Bureaus to Establish Credit History.
- Credit Line Secured by Your Fully-Refundable Deposit of $200 – $2,000.
READ MORE: Get Credit without the U.S. Credit history.
17. Oakstone Platinum Secured Mastercard
In the world of credit cards, there are a lot of options out there. The Oakstone Platinum Secured Mastercard is one the best option you should consider to get your credit score up while also earning rewards points on purchases.
The card has no annual fee and offers a low APR for balance transfers and cash advances, which can be helpful in emergencies.
You’ll start with a $200 line of credit when you’re approved for this card, which is good because it’s an excellent way to build your credit history from scratch or improve upon what you already have established.
- No minimum credit score requirements.
- Your Credit Limit will between $200 to $5,000!.
- Super Low 9.99% variable interest rate on purchases.
- Fast, easy application process.
Unsecured Credit Cards (Guaranteed approval credit cards with $1,000 limits for bad credit)
An unsecured credit card is a regular credit card that requires no security deposit or guaranteed approval. You’ll still need to meet requirements for creditworthiness and income, but the bank has nothing to hold as collateral in case you default on your debt. Unsecured cards are also known as “negotiated” or “traditional” credit cards.
1. Total Card Visa
This credit card offers you $1,000 in guaranteed unsecured credit. You can use the money to pay for your purchases, and you don’t have to deposit any additional money when making your purchase.
This means that you won’t need to put down a refundable security deposit towards this card like many other secured cards.
- You may qualify for a credit limit of $300 without a security deposit.
- The Payment is reported to all major credit bureaus.
- very high annual fees of $75 for the first year, then $48.
- This card does not offer a rewards program.
- Very high APR of 34.99% fixed.
2. Credit One Bank Platinum Visa for Rebuilding Credit
If you are looking to rebuild your credit, check out the Credit One Bank Platinum Visa. This card is for those who have no credit or poor credit. It can also be used as a starter card for students with no prior credit history.
- 1% cash back rewards on eligible gas, grocery purchases and mobile phone service, internet, cable and satellite TV services.
- There are Annual fees of $75 the first year, then $99 ($8.25 per month).
- Regular APR of 23.99%.
- 3% foreign transaction fee.
3. First Access Visa Card
How often have you had to borrow money from a friend, relative or co-worker to pay for something? You are not alone. One out of six Americans has been forced to borrow money because they don’t have enough cash on hand.
Over half of these people borrowed the money from friends and family members. The First Access Visa card will help you avoid this embarrassing situation by giving you access to your funds when needed without asking someone else for it!
- $0 monthly fees and cash advance fee for the first 12 months.
- Annual fees of $75 year one, $48 thereafter.
- Regular APR of 34.99%
- Card is approved even you have very Low credit score.
Are there any guaranteed approval credit cards with $10,000 limits for bad credit?
Sorry to say, but guaranteed approval credit cards with $10,000 limits for bad credit do not really exist. Guaranteed approval credit card or secured credit card issued against security deposit ( With Some Exception), So if you want to $10,000 limits of your credit card, you have deposit more than $10,000 as security deposit.
Apart from Security deposit, you have to fulfil minimum eligibility requirement, even if you apply secured credit card.
Read More : Review about flat-rate cashback credit cards.
Can I get a credit card if I have bad credit?
You might have bad credit, but that doesn’t mean you can never get a credit card. There are many cards for people with poor credit scores, and they vary from one to the next.
We have provided you the with information about what these cards have in common and their differences to choose best for your situation.
Do I Need a Bank Account for Credit card Approval?
Yes. If you don’t have a bank account, any credit card company would be unwilling to issue your credit card application.
Suppose you already have an open bank account with the institution that issued the line of credit for your credit card. In that case, obtaining approval doesn’t require opening another checking or savings account elsewhere.
Banks do not base their approval on which bank accounts are associated with other banks’ borrowers because they know it’s just as likely to receive irrelevant information about possible repayment as usable relevant information about past behavior and predicted future behavior from various sources.
Did you know that there’s no such thing as bad credit? All people deserve an opportunity with a secured credit card to rebuild their financial life and establish good habits with responsible spending.
If you are like many Americans, you may have had trouble building credit over the years. The good news is that there are options available to help people with bad credit get approved for new credit cards-even secured cards!
With so many great options available today, We have mentioned all the best credit secured credit card that you will find one that works for your unique needs and lifestyle goals – even if they don’t seem perfect at first glance.
With a guaranteed approval card and annual fee of $25 or less (many don’t charge any!), it doesn’t matter if your credit score isn’t quite up to snuff.
You can use above mentioned credit card as an opportunity to rebuild your history, increase your limits, and eventually apply for unsecured cards down the road.